- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania McDowell Institute Newsletter articles include Social, Emotional, Behavioral Wellness in PK-12, Students and Anxiety Disorders Guidance for Classroom Teachers, The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACEs): An Introduction for Educators , PA PBS Implementers Forum and more.
- Families for Depression Awareness, www.familyaware.org, is a national nonprofit organization helping families recognize and cope with depression and bipolar disorder to get people well and prevent suicides. Learn more.
- The Pennsylvania Juvenile Justice Newsletter from Juvenile Court Judges Commission (JCJC). Archived issues are available for viewing or download from our Newsletter Library.
- The CCAP County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania and their e-newsletter The Legislative Bulletin contains news from the General Assembly.
- ACQUIRED BRAIN INJURY NETWORK OF PA Newsletter
COUNTY SUPPORT GROUPS/ORGS
Adams Allegheny Armstrong Beaver Bedford Berks Blair Bradford Bucks Butler
Cambria Cameron Carbon Centre Chester Clarion Clearfield Clinton Columbia Crawford Cumberland
Dauphin Delaware Elk Erie Fayette Forest Franklin Fulton Greene Huntingdon Indiana
Jefferson Juniata Lackawanna Lancaster Lawrence Lebanon Lehigh Luzerne Lycoming
McKean Mercer Mifflin Monroe Montgomery Montour Northampton Northumberland
Perry Philadelphia Pike Potter Schuylkill Snyder Somerset Sullivan Susquehanna
Tioga Union Venango Warren Washington Wayne Westmoreland Wyoming York
STATEWIDE AND REGIONAL GROUPS, ORGS FOR SUPPORT
DRUG ALCOHOL SUBSTANCE ABUSE
MOMSTELL: Resources and information on drug and substance abuse services for your loved one.
MENTAL HEALTH SUICIDE
JANA MARIE FOUNDATION: Our Educational Programs work with schools, families, and friends to combat depression, substance abuse, suicide and related social challenges by building support networks and giving community members access to relevant resources and information.
Juvenile Justice Family Guide: Guide for parents/caregivers of youth involved with juvenile justice in Pennsylvania.
In light of recent acts of violence and the viral internet age we live in today where violent imagery is permeating all of our lives, I found this article on “Self Care for People of Color After Psychological Trauma” by Jasmine Banks Brown to be profound and a necessary read for enhancing cultural competency especially pertaining to trauma.
The Article is available here: http://justjasmineblog.com/self-care-for-people-of-color-after-emotional-and-psychological-trauma/