PENNSYLVANIA SYSTEM OF CARE PARTNERSHIP EXPANSION AND SUSTAINABILITY COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT
The PA System of Care Partnership (PASOC) has been awarded a new System of Care Grant, which will enable us to continue to expand our efforts thru September of 2021. PASOC is grant, which is embedded in the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS), Bureau of Children’s Behavioral Health.
This award has given us the opportunity to engage and work with counties who want to add or build on the work with youth and young adults (Birth to 21) and their families within the parameters of the grant goals. There is no single model or predetermined approach to build your System of Care. .
Our goal is to incorporate lessons learned into a technical assistance approach by utilizing two (2) current grant counties (Crawford and York) as learning communities. We will utilize our current network of System of Care counties, as well as additional grants funded through Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to provide support on a variety of topics to employ in this grant.
The grant will be initiating the process of selecting a second cohort of counties to join us. In this competitive process, we will be pursuing counties to work in partnership with us to implement system of care values and principles.
This opportunity funds two counties per grant year. The initial year of grant funding for each county is up to $100,000.00 and subsequent years of funding are available to the awarded county through September 29, 2021.
If you are interested in receiving an application or learning more about the opportunity, please contact: Mark Durgin, Project Director at (717) 678-9166 or email email@example.com.
- The announcement for the opportunity to become a System of Care county will be sent out the week of March 26, 2018.
- Youth, family and system leaders in counties across the State will have the opportunity to watch and participate in a System of Care Grant Learning Opportunity through a virtual meeting provided by PA System of Care Partnership Team on Monday, April 16, 2018, from 1:30 – 3:00 pm EST.
- It is not mandatory to attend the information session to apply but is encouraged.
- To register for the webinar click the link or go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SOCRSVPWEBINAR. Please register by Friday, April 13, 2018.
- Counties can submit applications by May 15, 2018, by 5:00 pm EST.
- Applications will be reviewed by the PA System of Care Partnership team. At least two counties will be selected for this round of the grant. (Two more counties may be selected in the Fall of 2018.)
- Newly awarded System of Care partner counties will be announced on June 15, 2018.
- The awarded county can begin on July 1, 2018, and invoice for payment after July 1, 2018.